Please click on the ABOVE LINK to view our April newsletter No. 1.
The 75th Anniversary of the Japanese midget submarine attack upon Sydney Harbour is less than two months away. #Kuttabul #Japanesemidgetsubmarine #SydneyHarbour
CONTENTS OF APRIL NEWSLETTER:–
- – PAGE 1:- Eight sailors still missing (tracing the descendants of the 21 Kuttabul sailors who tragically lost their lives when the Japanese midget subs attacked.
- – PAGE 2:- How we found the descendants of Herbert Arthur SMITH
- – PAGE 3:- Horace Beazley – escaped death twice that fateful night.
- – PAGE 4:- What happened to the Japanese torpedoes? (part 1)
- – PAGE 5:- Kuttabul Commemoration Cruise on Sydney Harbour 31st May. Tickets now on sale.
The Kuttabul Commemoration Project is an organization run by volunteers whose mission is to commemorate the 21 allied sailors and 1 allied airman who lost their lives in the defense of Sydney from 31st May to 8th June, 1942.
Was your ancestor (great-grandfather, grandfather or father) billeted or assigned to the depot ship HMAS Kuttabul at the time of the Japanese midget submarine attack upon Sydney Harbour? Whether he was on board Kuttabul at the time of the attack or away from the vessel on leave, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Gary Traynor on email 044 969 2401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us his story.
Alternatively visit our Facebook page titled Kuttabul Commemoration Project.
Read about Able Seaman Horace Charlton BEAZLEY (pictured below) by scrolling to the top of this story and clicking on the link titled ‘April newsletter 1’