Medals Gone Missing presents “KOKODA TRACK – MUD, BLOOD & MEDALS” – The First in the Series of You Tube ‘commemorations’ set to contemporary music. This short presentation brings to mind the sacrifice of Australians on the Kokoda Track in 1942. In particularly the U.S. medal awarded to an Australian; the commander of the 39th Battalion, the Victoria Cross awarded at Isurava and the other men who did not win medals of any particular significance, but did their job and gave away something far more valuable than any medal…….their lives. The slideshow is set to a song that could have been written just for the Kokoda Track, titled “Thankyou For The Years” and written by the master of Australian folk & Military songs, the great Eric Bogle.
- Hints & Tips
- HMAS Kuttabul
- Honour Roll – Australian Stories
- Honour Roll – British Stories
- Honour Roll – Canadian Stories
- Honour Roll – German Stories
- Honour Roll – Japanese Stories
- Honour Roll – New Zealand Stories
- Honour Roll – South African Stories
- Honour Roll – U.S. Stories
- Military Medals
- Military Memorabilia
- Missing Militaria – Now Found!
- Stolen Medals